Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 26 August 2022. This week’s topic for discussion however is: How do things differ between the different types of super contributions?
Key topics covered include:
- The rules change over time in regard to super
- Do you want to claim a tax deduction or not?
- What are the limits for the different contribution types?
- Remember the limits apply on a per person basis (not across couples as many people think)
- Don’t forget about the down-sizer rules too if you’ve sold your home – available to people over 60 years of age (from 1 July 2022)
- What is the transfer balance cap? It applies to defined benefit funds too.
- Additionally, don’t forget about the tax implications for your adult children too with reference to your estate planning. Remember to start with your ‘why’ or your goals upfront.
- Luke shares his top tips to consider around making contributions to super.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice on super contributions?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, insurance and retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcasts on our website too.
We look forward to your company again.