Have you thought about how you’d like to retire?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 23 April 2021. This week’s topic: How to retire in comfort and style.
There’s a few things to consider before you actually make the decision to retire. The more time you give yourself to plan your retirement properly, the more certain you are likely to be about it. Seek advice if you need help.
Key highlights include:
- What do you want to do in your own retirement?
- It’s really important you have an idea about what you want from your retirement, even in a broad sense
- Is this a hard retirement? Or are you simply looking to take a break and then perhaps pick up part time work?
- If you are planning to fully retire, are you making the most of your contribution opportunities before you leave work?
- There are of course some key financial questions you should be asking and answering
- Equally important is understanding what your life in retirement actually look like – what will you do with all of that free time?
- Start your retirement planning at least 6 to 12 months before you retire
- Do the big ticket items before you retire, such as buying a new car, doing up the bathroom before you retire
- How important is timing your retirement?
- How can you make the most of your contribution options and tax issues?
- Did you know you don’t have to be working to put money into super if you’re under 67 years of age?
- Luke offers his top tips for managing your own retire comfort plan
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around super contributions?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Superannuation and retirement can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and objectives.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own super, investment, insurance or retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday fortnight. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.