Accumulation and pension – Two phases of your super journey
Luke Smith joins 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 25 September 2020 and the topic: The two phases of your superannuation.
Financial Planner Luke Smith explores the accumulation and pension phases of your superannuation journey. Of course be sure to seek advice if you need help with your own retirement planning. Luke and Leon start the show however by talking about a topic that’s important for consumers who invest with fund managers. The regulator ASIC, is now calling out funds who don’t label their investment options correctly. A balanced fund in one fund can be very different from another and many labels are misleading. As Luke often says, make sure you check under the hood to see what you actually have.
Key highlights include:
- Let’s understand the two phases superannuation – the accumulation phase and the pension phase
- How does tax work if you’re in the accumulation phase?
- What do I need to do to move from the accumulation to the pension phase?
- How often can you get a pension payment?
- What are the benefits of the pension phase?
- What is the minimum amount you need to take in the pension phase?
- Can you put money back into super if you’re in the pension phase? Why would you keep a super and a pension account?
- Luke’s tips to making the most of accumulating super before retirement
- A free appointment offer to talk about your own super and retirement planning goals. Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Does your accumulation and pension strategy fit together?
Luke Smith at Envision Financial can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your retirement goals.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday from 4.30pm. Listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.