Putting money into super – how can you contribute?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 11 February 2022. Luke joins Leon this week to talk about adding to your super. They start the conversation by having a talk about the change that’s just come to super. From 1 July 2022, regardless of how much you earn, all employers must pay super for every employee, even those on casual or part-time salaries that typically have missed out. This is a great initiative to help those on limited hours step forward with their own retirement savings.
Key topics covered include:
- How can you get money into super?
- Did you from this year you can put money into super up until the age of 75 without meeting a work test?
- What is a deductible contribution or concessional contribution?
- How much of a tax deduction can you get by making a contribution to your super?
- What is a non-deductible contribution or non-concessional contribution?
- How much can you put into super by making this kind of contribution without getting a tax deduction?
- What is the transfer balance cap?
- What are the changes to the downsizer legislation and how can it help your super?
- How can transition to retirement help boost your super?
- How can CTG small business concessions help you boost your super?
- Luke share’s his top tips about adding to super.
- Seek advice to be more confident in your super and retirement outcomes.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around adding to super and your retirement?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, and retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.