When should you start adding to your super?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 14 August 2020 and the topic: Adding to your superannuation.
Financial Planner Luke Smith joins 2CC to explore the issues around making contributions to your own super. We all know whay superannuation is, but are you actually setting yourself up for the retirement that you want? In this episode Luke shares his experience and insight around how adding to your super can help you achieve your goals. And remember, seek advice if you need help.
Key highlights include:
- When should I start adding to my super?
- Funding contributions, ways to do it successfully
- What to do with a payrise?
- The more you earn the more you spend – do you know where your income goes?
- Super contribution strategies – Super splitting, catch-up concessional contributions, new job, change of salary, returning to the workforce
- What happens when the mortgage is paid off?
- What are the benefits of adding to your super early – compounding, tax benefits, taking advantage of current legislation – that can change
- Actions for PSS members – government super, check yout accrued benefit multiple
- The benefits of compounding interest
- Strategies to help you add to your super
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own financial planning goals and objectives. Everyone has different goals and personal financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively. You’re also invited to join The Budget Program starting in October.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Would you like to explore strategies around adding to super?
Are you making the most of your super while you’re still working? Envision Financial can help you set and work towards your own financial goals and help you better manage your financial well-being. We’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve returned to the office for appointments. Make an appointment to catch up with Luke face to face, over the phone or via video appointment.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own superannuation and retiremnet goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm for the 101th show. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.