Andrew Snaidero joins Luke on 2CC
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 16 July 2021. Luke is joined this week by Andrew Snaidero of Hardwickes Accountants. This week’s topic: Getting yourself organised at tax time. Andrew has joined Luke previously on 2CC talking about leasing versus buying cars. Andrew and Luke offer their tips and tricks for making tax time easier and removing the angst.
Key highlights include:
- Are you tax time ready? Did somebody say ‘I’ve got my receipts in a shoebox’?
- One of the benefits of an Accountant is that they ask the right questions to help you secure your deductions
- It’s ok to speak to Accountant if you’re not prepared, part of their job is to help you get organised
- It’s fundamentally important to keep your receipts – the ATO has a great app you can use on your phone and it’s not linked to the ATO
- Accountants keep track of history and can give you advice too
- Be honest when you talk to your Accountant – get clarity on deductions and seek advice
- Working from home is a bigger tax time question given Covid-19 and you have a couple of options to consider
- Don’t under estimate the value of an Accountant once your financial life becomes more complicated
- What are the key times for getting your tax return completed?
- Did you know if you work with an Accountant you have a longer timeframe to complete your return?
- The benefits of being organised
- Accountants can also help with structural advice before you make financial decisions
- Self managed super also needs support, and you probably need a Financial Planner and Accountant to meet your obligations
- Andrew offers his top tips for getting ready for tax time
- And remember tax accounting fees are tax deductible!
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around your tax return?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you achieve your personal financial goals and can also work with an Accountant to meet them. Luke is also happy to refer you at no cost to Andrew Snaidero for tax time assistance. You can call Andrew on 02 6282 5999 to have a discussion and make an appointment.
To make an appointment with Envision to confidentially discuss super, investment, insurance or retirement, call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.