Ask the expert, David Thomas joins Luke on 2CC
Luke Smith joins 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 23 October 2020 and the topic: Issues to be aware of when getting a mortgage to buy a home or investment property.
Financial Planner Luke Smith this month is joined by a number of experts he uses to answer financial questions that have a specialist requirement. This week, Luke and Leon at 2CC are joined by David Thomas of Trilogy Funding to explore all the big issues you should consider when taking a mortgage.
Key highlights include:
- How much can you borrow?
- What are the things to keep in mind, to put you best foot forward with a lender
- The challenge with credit cards and how lenders view them
- The 5 ‘C’s’ of credit – Capacity to Repay, Character, Capital, Collateral and Common Sense
- What you need to consider if you’re self-employed
- How much of a deposit do you need?
- Are interest only loans still available? Should you have an interest only loan?
- How an added offset account can provide other opportunities
- The key take outs you need to consider around mortgages
- A free appointment offer to talk about your own financial planning goals. Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help with a property purchase?
Luke Smith at Envision Financial is happy to refer you to David Thomas of Trilogy Funding at no cost. David can provide you with information and support to secure a mortgage. You can call David on 1300 657 132 to have a discussion and make an appointment. Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your investment and retirement goals.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own investment, super or retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday from 4.30pm. Listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.