Do you really need to give up your profession in order to retire?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 14 February 2020.
Retirement is very different from our parents and indeed our grandparents generations. In the latest podcast, Luke and Leon continue to explore what retirement looks like – you may even work after retirement. Retirement no longer means giving up your professional life altogether, unless of course you want to!
Key highlights include:
- Retirement looks different today – you can have a side-hustle in retirement?
- If you could do something you love part-time and earn an income to supplement your retirement savings would you?
- Don’t forget about the non-monetary benefits of work too
- What are the tax implications of returning to work, and can you still get a super-based pension or government pension?
- What are the things you should think about before jumping back into the workforce?
- Can you start your own business in retirement?
- What are some of the strategies you should consider before making the decision to return to work?
- Make the most of your opportunities and time, as well as the offer to seek advice with Envision Financial.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help with your retirement plans?
Let us help you get your financial plans in place.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and life after full-time work goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.