Covid-19 and making investments – What do you need to consider?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 8 May 2020 and the topic: Investing during Covid-19.
In today’s topic Financial Planner Luke Smith joins Leon to explore the issues around Covid-19 and investing. How does a pandemic affect your investment decisions? Luke and Leon though start the conversation about working from home during this time. It seems many people are enjoying a break from the office and would like to keep doing some work from home, once life returns to normal.
Key highlights include:
- What does ASIC say about investing right now and what does Luke think?
- What’s the difference between day trading and investing?
- Why ‘value’ and ‘time’ are two key considerations.
- Come back to your ‘why’ – why are you investing at this time?
- Even high quality companies have not been immune from the impacts of covid
- Why trying to pick the bottom of the market is a fools game and why a partial investment position might be better.
- Diversification still matters and why it’s important to understand what your underlying investments.
- What are the key things you might look at other than share price on shares?
- How can you make the most of the current market?
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own investment needs.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Would you like financial advice on investment planning during Covid-19?
Make an appointment to catch up with Luke over the phone or via video conference. Appointments at the office will return once the Covid-19 has passed.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost – even over the phone or by video chat. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your personal investing matters. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.