Want a home loan?
Make sure it fits with your financial plan before you start
Luke Smith joined Richard Perno on Radio Station 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 9 November 2018.
Luke and Richard continued the conversation about financial planning, this time about home loans.
Topics covered include:
- What do you need to know before you take a loan?
- The importance of giving yourself a buffer. Interest rates are low, but they might not always be.
- The term of the loan – Do you really need 30 years to pay it off?
- Why is it important to take out income protection insurance? A 30 Year loan with a two weeks sick leave isn’t enough to keep your head above water if the unexpected happens.
- The benefits of offset accounts and paying credit cards off on time.
- Did you know that good home loans offer you the ability to pay out your loan sooner and without penalties or extra charges?
- How much you can borrow depends on your situation, most lenders have tightened up their lending practices since The Royal Commission into Banking.
Listen to the Podcast right now
How does getting a home loan fit with your financial planning?
If you need financial advice, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 02 6260 4749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer. Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.