Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 28 April 2022. The topic this week is an important one for mortgage holders and first time home buyers: How to get a better home loan? With rising interest rates and costs of living, every dollar counts.
Key topics covered include:
- With rising costs of living and rising interest rates, securing a better home loan is more important than ever.
- Be mindful of your spending, it impacts how you will be viewed.
- Getting a better loan is like going on a first date, you’ve got to put your best foot forward.
- Get your loan to value ratio as low as possible.
- Are your income and expenses in order – know your numbers.
- Can you show your savings behaviour?
- Is it better to go to a bank or a mortgage broker?
- Bring credit card limits down or shut them down, you’ll be assessed on your credit limits, not what you’re using.
- If you’re in business with finance needs consider government grants, crowd funding and venture capital options too.
- Luke shares his top tips to get a better home loan outcome.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help to get a better home loan?
Luke as a Financial Planner can refer you to a mortgage broker at no cost to help you get a better home loan. Luke himself can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, insurance and/or retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other matter matters next week. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Smart Money Strategy – Your Ultimate Guide to Financial Planning is out now.