Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 12 January 2024 with Leon Delaney. Thanks for joining us on 2CC or your favourite podcast streaming service. This week’s show considers how to set up a small portfolio to get your investment plans going – for your kids or grandkids or even yourself! For people looking at starting an investment journey, this podcast will provide some ‘how to’ ideas following on from last week’s show on compound interest.
Key topics covered include:
- Busting some myths around starting to invest!
- You don’t need to start with a lot, you might even start with just $200
- A micro-investment app could be a great place to start
- There retail multi-investment products too, it’s prudent to seek advice to help you select the right investment option if you’re inexperienced or don’t wish to do-it-yourself
- Regular savings can also help grow and investment portfolio, if you buy into more investments
- ‘Let it cook’ – remember time and compound interest are your friends
- Automation can help you too, direct debit can you save consistently
- How do you manage temptation once your investment portfolio grows?
- Luke shares his top tips around starting an investment portfolio.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Are you thinking about starting an portfolio investment in 2024?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, including investment, super and retirement. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other ‘Money Matters’ soon. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Luke’s book Smart Money Strategy is out now.