Income protection is about to change. What you need to know.
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 3 September 2021. Covid lockdown extends in many parts of Australia, including the ACT, so Luke can’t be in the studio again this week, but he joined Leon over the phone. This week’s topic: Income protection changes – What you need to know.
Key highlights include:
- Income protection changes are coming 1 October 2021
- So what’s changing with income protection cover?
- When was the last time you checked your income protection?
- What will disappear or change from 1 October 2021?
- Things to check in your own policy, before the changes arrive
- Why it’s an important conversation for parents to have with adult children
- Seek advice if you need help to assess or compare your policy with others in the market place
- Luke shares his key strategy tips when thinking about income protection cover before 1 October 2021
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around income protection?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Financial planning and insurance can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and options.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss super, investment, insurance or retirement. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.