The Interest Rate Cut – What does it mean for your financial well-being?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 14 June 2019.
Luke talks the recent interest rate cut from 1.5% to 1.25% by the Reserve Bank of Australia. 1.25% is a historically low rate, with the rate being 1.5% for the previous 30 months. They start the conversation talking about the election result that has provided some stability to the Australian economy.
Key highlights include:
- The importance of growth in our economy
- Why are earnings even more important for those investing?
- What the Government’s 10 year bond rate might indicate about the future
- How does the RBA rate cut from 1.5% to 1.25% impact on a typical household?
- The benefit of accessing super if you can to pay off debt and make deductible contributions back into super at times like this (seek advice)
- Don’t forget about your budget, it’s a good time to sharpen your spending and savings plans too
- Mortgage brokers can help you shop around on your home loan to help your cash flow
- What’s the difference between term deposits (an investment product) and fixed interest (an investment sector)
- How paying down home loans and investment loans makes a difference
- Why might you fix part of your home or investment loan?
- How selecting the right kind of loan or investment product can also make a difference
- An offer to trail our knowledge centre which is full of information, videos and calculators at no cost.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Do you need investment or retirement income advice?
If you need financial advice or would like to talk about your investment or retirement planning, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.