Investment property – to buy or not to buy?
Luke Smith joins 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 6 November 2020 and the topic: Investment property – what might you consider before making a decision?
Financial Planner Luke Smith this month is joined by a number of experts he uses to answer financial questions that have a specialist requirement. Unfortunately our special guest this week is unwell, but we will get him back in the studio for the show as soon as we can to talk about Wills and Powers of Attorney. It is Friday though, which means it’s almost the weekend. Luke and Leon start the show talking about dinner options. What kind of take-out is your favourite?
Key highlights include:
- People end up with an investment property for a number of reasons
- With money being so cheap, people shouldn’t race out to buy property based on emotions
- Start with why – Why are you buying the property?
- What is the net rental return? Gross rent less all the costs you’re going to incur.
- Can you future proof yourself in the event of an interest rate rise? Factor one into your calculations!
- Is there an alternative to negative gearing?
- Get a loan agreement with Mum and Dad if they’re helping a child buy a property.
- Why is income protection important?
- Where do people come unstuck with their investment property?
- What happens if you lost a tennant and couldn’t get a new one?
- Luke’s key take-outs on investment property decisions.
- A free appointment offer to talk about your own financial planning issues. Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help with your investment decisions?
Luke Smith at Envision Financial can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your investment and retirement goals. We’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve returned to the office for appointments given Covid-19.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own investment, super or retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday from 4.30pm. Listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.