Set yourself up for the New Financial Year right now
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 5 June 2020 and the topic: Preparations for June 30 tax and setting yourself up for the new financial year.
In today’s topic Financial Planner Luke Smith joins Leon to explore the opportunities that the end of financial year presents. It’s a great time to review and plan, to ensure you make the most of your tax deductions and consider your goals for the new financial year which is just around the corner. Leon and Luke start the show talking about why now is the time to think about your goals and opportunities.
Key highlights include:
- Deductible contributions to super and checking your super statements
- Prepaying what you can to secure tax deductions
- Preparing for retirement – bolstering contributions before you stop working
- Making the most of carry forward contributions too
- Considerations for the self-employed, bill now or wait for July? Asset write-offs
- Review the budget – do you know where you’re money is going?
- Some of the key strategies you can stack in your favour may include:
- Non-concessional contributions to super if you’re retiring
- Reviewing your insurance to make sure it still meets your needs
- Making tax deductible contributions to super or PSS contributions if you’re a member of that fund
- Reviewing your home loan interest rate
- Using offset accounts more strategically to fund tax deductions
- Consider your super investment strategy
- Organise your paperwork for the accountant
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own financial planning needs.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Would you like help with your own financial goals?
June 30 is a great time to review your situaiton and make some new goals for the coming financial year. We’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve returned to the office for appointments. Make an appointment to catch up with Luke face to face, over the phone or via video appointment.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost – even over the phone or by video chat. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial and retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.