Should you hold life insurance inside or outside of super?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 22 November 2019.
Did you know what kinds of insurance your super fund has? Should you hold cover inside or outside of your fund? They’re important questions which could cost you more money than you need to be paying. In this podcast, Luke explores paying for insurance inside and outside of super. There are pro’s and con’s to consider.
Key highlights include:
- Do all superannuation funds offer insurance?
- The kinds of insurance offered may include life insurance, total and permanent disability insurance and income protection insurance.
- Do young people need insurance and do mortgage holders need insurance?
- Is it better to hold cover inside or outside super?
- How much do you need? Where is the money going to go? This has tax considerations.
- Can you cancel and replace a policy? What do you need to consider?
- Have you reviewed your cover recently? You don’t want to pay for something you don’t need.
- What are the things to consider when comparing policies
- Why set and forget may cost you money? It’s really important to review!
- How can insurance help build your wealth strategy?
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice on your insurance and superannuation?
If would like to talk about setting some financial strategies to achieve your goals, including your life insurance and super, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation. Envision Financial can also work with your accountant or mortgage broker or refer you to one if you don’t have one.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.