Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 23 June 2023. The topic this week for the show is: What are the top 5 risks for people approaching retirement? If retirement is on the horizon there’s somethings you need to consider before you give up work. Make a plan and set yourself up for success.
Key topics covered include:
- There are some risks for retirees, but you can avoid them if you have a plan.
- Do you know what income you need to retire on?
- Do you have debt? Can you pay it off before you retire?
- Adult kids also present a risk to retirement! The bank of Mum and Dad is increasingly common.
- Get money into super sooner as there’s limits to what you can put in each year.
- Be strategic about how you use super funds – don’t forget about the tax issues!
- Finally, Luke shares his top tips around starting your own plan for retirement and avoiding the top 5 risks.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help with your own retirement plan?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, including investment, super, retirement and more! Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other ‘Money Matters’ next week. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Smart Money Strategy is out now.