Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 9 February 2024 with Leon Delaney. Thanks for joining us on 2CC or your favourite podcast streaming service. This week’s show considers some of the common misconceptions people have around super funds. There are differences between regular funds and defined benefit funds too.
Key topics covered include:
- Can I take money from super tax free?
- The pension I take from super when I retire is tax free?
- 60 or 67 – Is access to super is different to access to Centrelink?
- Will the income from my investments pay my pension in retirement?
- Can I buy any investment I like within my super fund?
- I’m 55, can I take my super as a lump sum from a PSS?
- Do all super funds allow transition to transition to retirement – to start a pension while you’re still working?
- My fund doesn’t charge me administration fees? Is that good?
- Luke shares his top tips around managing the misconceptions around super funds.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Are you thinking about your own super and retirement planning?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, including investment, super and retirement. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other ‘Money Matters’ soon. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Luke’s book Smart Money Strategy is out now.