Is it better to repay the home loan quicker or make contributions to your super?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 28 February 2020.
Luke and Leon begin the show by reflecting on what’s been happening with stock markets given Covid 19, and the importance of keeping a long term perspective in the short term. Now might be a buying opportunity. The topic of the day however is super contributions versus paying off your home. Which way should you go?
Key highlights include:
- What are the issues you might consider in making a decision?
- Is the loan tax deductible or not?
- How low interest rates help paying off the home sooner
- Can you restructure your home loan to do both?
- What circumstances might prompt you to pay off your home loan quicker?
- What circumstances might prompt you to contribute to your superannuation?
- Make the most of your options, considering perhaps even moving to part time as you get older.
- There’s also an offer to seek advice with Envision Financial.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help to decide if you should pay off the mortgage or contribute more to super?
Let us help you consider your options and get your financial goals and plans in place.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial options and plan. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.