Wishing you a happy new financial year
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 25 June 2021. This week’s topic: What are your new financial year resolutions?
Luke and Leon however start the show by talking about end of year financial planning. If you haven’t started yet it is almost too late. Luke provides a reminder that super contributions must be cleared and in your super fund – not in transit or pending by 30 June if you’re looking to boost your super and claim a tax deduction. We hope you don’t miss the deadline. Stepping forward though, what are your goals and ambitions for the new financial year?
Key highlights include:
- What are your key priorities for the next 12 months?
- Even if you don’t know how to get there, start by making a list
- If you want to make a change, be prepared to give up something, make sure it’s sustainable
- Reward yourself along the way as you reach milestones
- Link the actions you take to your goal – don’t loose sight of the goal that’s important to you
- Work with your partner if you have one, couples who plan together can achieve goals together
- Tell someone about your goals, have an accountability buddy
- Be realistic – some months will be harder than others and it’s ok if some months don’t work out
- Automate savings plans where you can
- Offset accounts where you can to help reduce mortage debt if you have it
- Luke shares his top strategy tips for making the most of the new financial year.
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around your new year financial plan?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. The legislation and strategy can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and options.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss super, investment, insurance or retirement. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.