What happens if you retire, but decide you want to go back to work?
Luke Smith joined Richard Perno on Radio Station 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 26 October 2018.
Luke and Richard continued the conversation about retirement planning and specifically about what happens if you made the decision to retire, but then decide you want to go back to work. It might be part time or full time work. Is it possible? What are the implications?
Topics covered include:
- The reasons to return to work after retirement.
- Will you be an employee, or a contractor – are there differences?
- If you’ve turned your super into a pension, you’ll need a new super account to receive contributions.
- Why it’s important to think about tax and returning to work, there are issues to consider.
- It’s not necessarily about returning to your old job, it could be a new role and a part time role or working from home
- And can you retire again when you’re ready?
- Seek returning to work advice and retirement planning advice so you make the most of your options. It pays to understand your options before you make a decision.
Listen to the Podcast right now:
Do you need retirement planning advice?
If you need financial advice, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 02 6260 4749 or use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer. Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.