What is investment risk? How does it apply to superannuation?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 27 August 2021. We hope you’re keeping staying safe and staying occupied as lockdown extends in many parts of Australia, including the ACT. This week’s topic: What is investment risk in superannuation?
Key highlights include:
- Why saying ‘Super is risky’ is incorrect – super is a structure
- Risk relates to investment choice and decisions
- How fast are you willing to drive to get a return on your super investments?
- How do you feel about your own investment risk?
- Look at the assets you hold – are they growth or defense assets?
- Consider diversification as part of your risk management strategy, Luke gives examples
- Does being younger mean you can take more risk and equally does being older means you should take less risk? Luke says not necessarily
- Look at your growth and defensive allocation – a balanced fund might not be balanced
- How events like covid-19 can’t be predicted, but impact on markets and risk
- Luke’s tips for managing risk with your own superannuation
- And remember start with your own goals in mind, not your friends
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around your own superannuation?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Financial and investment planning can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and options.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss super, investment, insurance or retirement. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.