Here’s some tips and tricks to help you start saving
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 26 June 2020 and the topic: How to start saving money and get control of your cashflow in the new financial year.
Financial Planner Luke Smith joins 2CC to explore the topic of setting some savings goals and getting control of your cashflow. At the start of a new financial year, you’re probably thinking about getting your tax return sorted. You’re also probably about to receive superannuation stratements and other financial paper work. This makes it a great time to set some new financial goals. In this episode Luke shares his tips and tricks to help you achieve your own financial goals.
Key highlights include:
- The benefits of having a separate bank account from your every day account when it comes to saving
- Why you might choose to pay more tax
- Take a look at your fixed costs, things like home and car insurance and subscriptions, are you still getting good value?
- The benefit of consistency and good behaviours
- Have a clear goal, when you’ve got focus, it’s easier to save
- Review and assess as you go towards your progress
- Use technology to help you achieve your goal
- Review loans and interest rates, now is a good time to shop around for a better deal
- The benefit of shopping with cash rather than card, and the danger of paywave
- Make sure when you review costs, you compare ‘apples’ with ‘apples’, especially on superfunds and insurances
- Why you’d have a budget to help you gain control
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own financial planning goals and objectives. Everyone has different goals and personal financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Are you ready to take control of your financial well-being?
Do you have some goals in mind? Envision Financial can help you set and work towards your own financial goals and help you better manage your financial well-being. We’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve returned to the office for appointments. Make an appointment to catch up with Luke face to face, over the phone or via video appointment.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial, saving, personal insurance or retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm for the 101th show. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.