SMSF is just another kind of super structure to save for retirement
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 7 February 2020.
In the latest podcast, Luke and Leon explore self managed superannuation. It’s a poorly understood retirement savings vehicle and it probably needs a better name. It can be complicated so most people need the help of a financial planner and accountant to meet their legal obligations.
Key highlights include:
- What is a self managed super fund?
- Do you hold the responsibility as the trustee?
- What kinds of things can you invest in?
- Can you have more than one person in a self managed super fund?
- What are some useful SMSF strategies?
- Can you have more that one account per person in the one fund?
- Can you hold personal insurance in your fund?
- Is tax managed differently?
- Is it true costs generally are more fixed than other kinds of funds?
- Think about why you want a SMSF, just because your friend has one isn’t a good enough reason.
- Make the most of your opportunities, as well as the offer to seek advice with Envision Financial.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help with your SMSF plan?
Let us help you get your super savings and retirement plans in place.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and life after full-time work goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.