How do you set yourself up for success? It all starts with goal setting…
Happy new year to our radio and podcast listeners. Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 14 January 2022. Luke returns to the Studio this year with Leon to talk about all things money related. This week’s topic: How do you set financial goals at the start of a new year? Will they just be like other failed new year resolutions? How you approach financial goal setting can make all the difference between success and failure.
Key topics covered include:
- The new year is a good time to start a fresh plan
- Start slow. Try a monthly goal. Shorter time periods can make it easier to get started
- Reward yourself when you achieve your goal
- Consider direct debits and offset accounts to pay bills and save.
- Consider unlinked accounts – like a separate savings account to avoid impulsive spending
- Use January as a benchmark for your expenses – keep track of them to see what you spend
- How much should you save? 10% of income is a good starting point. Ultimately start with what you can afford to
- Save for those quarterly and yearly bills too like electricity and registration too., Try to avoid dipping into your savings to pay bills
- How do you put goals into action?
- Luke share’s his key tips for setting goals in 2022.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around setting up your own 2022 financial goals?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. He can also help you set up short, medium and long-term goals.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, retirement and insurance. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.