Investment menu’s in super – How much choice do you get?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 11 March 2022. Luke joins Leon back in the 2CC studios this week. They start they jump straight into this weeks topic: What is the investment menu for your super fund?
Key topics covered include:
- Do you know what investments are options are for your super fund?
- The list to look for is ‘the approved investment options’
- To find your list, go to the funds website and search for investment list or investment guide
- Beware of terminology – a balanced option might not actually be balanced in terms of growth and defensive assets
- Also think about how much risk you’re willing to take when thinking about growth assets – it’s like the speed of a car, how fast will you go? What are the consequences of going too fast or too slow?
- Some funds also place limits on how much you can invest in an individual option – these are called ‘weighting restrictions’
- What should you keep in mind when considering the investment menu?
- What if I’m in something like the PSSap?
- Why might you consider ETFs and Shares? How will you blend your investments?
- When should you be looking at the investment menu and how often should you look at it?
- Luke shares his top tips to consider when looking at super investment menus.
- Seek advice if you need help to navigate your options.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around your super investment options?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, and retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.