Super splitting is a sweet strategy that may help you retire sooner!
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 25 October 2019.
Superannuation for most people forms the basis of retirement. But have you heard about the splitting your super strategy? It’s one of the most under utilised strategies. In this episode Luke talks about how super splitting can help you achieve your retirement goals more effectively and may help you retire early!
Key highlights include:
- What is the super splitting strategy or ‘Marry well’ strategy?
- How does it allow the younger spouse to retire sooner and not wait until they reach retirement age?
- Using an example, how does it work in practice?
- Are there any restrictions to this strategy?
- What may happen in the event of a relationship breakdown?
- How can the carry forward legislation be used with a super splitting strategy this year?
- What are the things you should consider before super splitting?
- An offer to trail our knowledge centre which is full of information and videos at no cost. Checkout our online calculators too.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Do you need help with your super planning?
If would like to talk about your financial situation and setting some strategies, including super splitting, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation. Envision Financial can also work with your estate planning solicitor or refer you to one if you don’t have one.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.