How to get through Christmas without doing too much financial damage.
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 26 November 2021. Luke joins Leon in the studio. This week’s topic: How to get through Christmas without too much financial damage? It’s that time of year again when Christmas Carols start playing in Shopping Centre’s across the country. Have you started your Christmas shopping and who do you need to buy for this year?
Key topics covered include:
- How about asking them what they want?
- Only buy for the kids (under 18) – it’s a great rule some families follow
- Make a list for your shopping
- Make gifts useful
- Do your research and take advantage of sales
- How will you pay for it? Credit cards and store credits – make sure you understand the pay back period.
- Automate to pay back loans
- Gift cards are more popular than ever
- It’s not all about presents either – especially in light of covid, what’s really important this year?
- Luke shares his top tips for Christmas spending
- And remember Christmas isn’t about creating financial stress or getting into debt
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Is it time you gave yourself the gift of financial advice?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals.
Make an appointment to confidentially explore what you’d like to achieve with your own personal financial plan or retirement plan. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.