Ask the Expert Paul Glass – What is tax deductible when it comes to an investment property?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 19 November 2021. Luke is joined by Paul Glass this week in the studio with Leon at 2CC. Paul is an Accountant at ‘The Firm’ in Braddon, ACT. This week’s topic: If you’ve got an investment property, what is tax deductible?
Key topics covered include:
- The benefit of advice upfront
- What is a cost base?
- A deduction now or a deduction off your cost base for later?
- What is the difference between a capital expense and a repair cost?
- How does depreciation work from a tax perspective?
- Some real life examples on how the issues work in real life
- Understand your situation before you take action
- What are the common things that are tax deductible?
- Be organised when you talk to your Accountant
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around investment property and tax deductions?
Luke is happy to refer to you to Paul Glass at the Firm in Braddon for Accounting and Tax Advice. Visit www.thefirmonline.com.au or call Paul on 02 6247 3555.
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, retirement and insurance. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.