Ask the Expert Kellin Kristofferson – Issues to consider when setting up your Will
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 3 December 2021. Luke is joined by Kellin Kristofferson this week in the studio with Leon at 2CC. Kellin is a Solicitor at ‘Artisan Legal’ in Canberra, ACT. This week’s topic: Have you got an up-to-date Will?
Key topics covered include:
- Why do we put off making a Will?
- Will a DIY Will kit work – why should I pay a solicitor make a Will?
- Why would you use a testamentary trust?
- If you have property in different states do the same rules apply when it comes to your Will?
- Can you leave kids out of a Will – What is adequate provision?
- What happens if you don’t have Will?
- What should you think about when selecting an executor?
- Can an executor also be an beneficiary?
- What kinds of decisions can executors make?
- Good estate planning means having a Will and other documents
- Your superannuation does not get covered by your Will – make sure you deal with your binding nominations too.
- Jointly owned assets – what you need to know about these kinds of assets
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around setting up your own Will?
Luke is happy to refer to you to Kellin Kristofferson at Artisan Legal in Canberra for Will and Estate Planning Advice. Visit www.artisanlegal.com.au or call Kellin on 02 6183 5140.
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, retirement and insurance. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.