Active and Passive Investment: How will you blend your asset allocation?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 10 September 2021. Lockdown continues in ACT, so Luke can’t be in the studio again this week, but he joined Leon by phone. This week’s topic: Active and Passive Investment.
Key highlights include:
- What is active management and passive investment?
- How do active investment managers work?
- How do passive investment options work?
- Why would you blend active and passive options in your own investment portfolio?
- What are the differences in cost?
- Why is it important to look at the underlying investments?
- Start by looking at your own asset allocation, consider diversification, risk, goals and costs
- Also consider the investment menu of the super fund or investment platform you use – some funds and platforms don’t offer a wide selection of investments
- Luke offers his insights for when to use active and passive investment options. He’s an advocate of blending that helps build a portfolio that’s right for each individual
- Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around active and passive investment?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Financial planning and investing can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and options.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, retirement and insurance. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.