What are the key differences people should know about?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 8 October 2021. Lockdown continues in the ACT, so Luke can’t be in the studio. Luke joined Leon by phone. This week’s topic: Are all super funds the same? But before they get into this week’s topic, Leon asks Luke to share his thoughts about APRA’s decision this week, to make it harder for people to get home loans.
Key topics include:
- Super funds are not exactly the same
- Different super funds have different features
- Industry super funds
- Master trust super funds
- Personal super funds
- Self managed super funds
- Just like looking at buying a car, what features do you need and want in your super fund?
- If you have received a letter saying your fund is underperforming, what might you think about in looking for a new fund?
- When comparing funds, remember to look at the asset allocation too
- Luke offers his top ideas to consider when comparing super fund providers
Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice around your own super fund?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Financial planning and investing can be complicated but the good news is you can make an appointment to speak with Luke about your specific situation, goals and options.
Make an appointment to confidentially discuss super, investment, retirement planning and insurance. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.