Going back to work after retirement
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 28 August 2020 and the topic: Can you go back to work after you retired?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joins 2CC to explore the issues around returning to work and the key issues you should think about. Luke shares his knowledge and experience around helping clients make the decision to return to work after their retirement. Be sure to seek advice if you need help.
Key highlights include:
- Covid has given many an insight into what retirement might be like the reality of retirement might not be that great
- There traditional stigma around going back to work after retirement has changed
- There are benefits in going back to work both financially and non-financially – it’s not all about money
- Going back to work doesn’t have to be full time – part-time work often makes more sense and provides the extra income you need!
- What are the options and strategies you might consider when making the decision to return to work – eg structures, tax and super
- Don’t forget about the value of time, it’s not all about money
- The benefits of tax free pensions, but you’ll still need a super fund if you’re working as an employee
- Luke’s top tips and take-a-ways for people thinking about going back to work
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own retirement planning or back to work goals and objectives. Everyone has different goals and personal financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Would you like help with your own retirement or back to work plans?
Luke Smith at Envision Financial can help you set and work towards your own financial goals and help you better manage your retirement. We’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve returned to the office for appointments. Make an appointment to catch up with Luke face to face, over the phone or via video appointment.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own financial, work and retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.