Can I retire – What do you need to think about?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 21 August 2020 and the topic: Can you retire from work?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joins 2CC to explore the issues around making the decision to retire from work and the key issues you should think about. In this episode Luke shares his experience and insight around helping people achieve their life after work goals. And remember, seek advice if you need help.
Key highlights include:
- Covid has impacted many, and it will affect retirement plans
- A good place to start is answering a this important question: What does retirement mean to you?
- How Luke defines ‘retirement’
- How will you fill your time and what will it cost?
- Why working isn’t a bad thing – even a couple of days a week
- What’s the impact of working on retirement on tax and Centrelink?
- Retirement planning also involves lifestyle decisions and discussions with your partner
- What are some the key issues you should consider in retirement planning?
- Why is your investment timeframe for retirement important?
- Luke’s top retirement planning tips and take-a-ways
- An offer for a free appointment to talk about your own retirement planning goals and objectives. Everyone has different goals and personal financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Would you like help with your own retirement plans?
Luke Smith at Envision Financial can help you set and work towards your own financial goals and help you better manage your retiremnet planning. We’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve returned to the office for appointments. Make an appointment to catch up with Luke face to face, over the phone or via video appointment.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own financial and retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.