Retirement planning – Are you ready to leave the daily grind this year?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 24 June 2022. This week’s topic is: What should you do with an inheritance, windfall or another financial lump sum? Leon begins the show by reminding us all that this is the last one before the end of financial year. Luke notes that if you haven’t made your personal super contribution yet, you’re probably cutting it really fine and to check with your fund. From the 1 July there are some useful changes coming to – changes to downsizing contributions will benefit many as will the removal of the work test which will allow older Australians to get money into super without the requirement to work.
Key topics covered include:
– Investment markets are choppy right now, so is now a good time to retire?
– What do you need to live on? Spend sometime thinking about what you need each year in retirement.
– What are you invested in right now and where will your income generated from?
– Retirement today doesn’t have to mean that you quit work for good. Part-time work options are increasingly popular.
– Luke offers his key ideas to consider before making the decision to retire and seeking personal financial advice.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need financial planning advice around your retirement?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, and retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast.
We look forward to your company again.