Making the most of an inheritance or windfall
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 17 June 2022. This week’s topic is: What should you do with an inheritance, windfall or another financial lump sum? Luke begins the show by giving a shout out to at the Spit Shack at Mitchell and his favourite new winter food discovery called ‘Burek’ (which might be described as a Croatian Pie/Pastry).
Key topics covered include:
– As always it starts with your ‘Why’ – What are you looking to achieve?
– Opportunities in super
– Age and life stage will also impact on your decision making
– Think about the investment structures you need to use before you begin choosing specific investments
– What about family trusts?
– Reducing non-tax deductible debt and perhaps turning it into deductible debt for an investment
– Luke offers his insights into considering what to do with an inheritance and financial windfall
– Seeking advice is also a prudent place to start
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need financial planning advice around a financial windfall?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, and retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast.
We look forward to your company again.