I want to retire this year, then Covid 19 happened. Can I still retire?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 24 April 2020 and the topic: Retirement planning and Covid 19.
In today’s topic Financial Planner Luke Smith joins Leon to explore the issues around retirement planning during the unusual times we find ourselves in. Is it still possible to retire with everything that’s going on right now? Luke begins the conversation by reminding us that this too shall pass.
Key highlights include:
- Think about your income requirements over the next 12-18 months
- Keeping a percentage of your portfolio in accessible cash
- The impact of retirement – it’s a change, even without covid 19 being around
- You still can retire now, if you’re ready to
- Think about your own current situation and needs
- Is it full time retirement or will you still be working part time?
- Are there other things you can do and look at to keep more control?
- The key things to remember when thinking about retirement during Covid 19
- An offer to have a chat and seek financial advice about your own retirement planning
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Would you like some advice around your own retirement plans?
Make an appointment to catch up with Luke over the phone or via video conference. Appointments at the office will return once the Covid-19 has passed.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost – even over the phone or by video chat. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your super and financial matters. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.