Now’s a great time to check what your super is doing & seek advice
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 10 January 2020.
The podcast kicks off with Luke and Leon talking about how superannuation rules keep changing and the current environment leaves many of us feeling like ‘simple super’ doesn’t exist. It’s really important thought because for most people, super will determine their level of comfort in retirement. In the latest podcast, Luke explores some of the key things everyone can do to compare superannuation funds. It’s really about looking at some key areas and understanding your goals.
Key highlights include:
- Kick off your review by pulling out your super fund information
- Think about what type of superannuation vehicle you need
- Understand the costs of your funds – administration fees, investment cost ratio (investment fees), transaction fees
- Look at the investment menu – what does it allow you to invest in? Can you get franking credits?
- It’s really important to realise not all super funds offer the same investment options.
- What is your asset allocation? Take a close look at what the underlying investments are.
- Consider your own super goals and strategy- is it growth without too much risk? Is it good income without too much risk? Do you want to be able to get franking credit benefits now and in retirement?
- If you’re paying more than 1% on your ICR (Investment Cost Ratio) it’s really worthwhile seeking advice
- Make the most of your opportunities, as well as the offer to seek advice with Envision Financial.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple and Google Podcasts ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help with comparing super funds?
Let us help you get your super working better for you.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.