Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 8 September 2023. At the start of Spring it’s been a little cold in Canberra this week but hopefully more summer weather arrives soon. The topic this week for the show is: What is dollar cost averaging and why would you use it? In this podcast Luke explores the key issues.
Key topics covered include:
- When is a good time to buy into an investment?
- What is dollar cost averaging?
- Can you use the strategies in different types on investments?
- How it works to smooth volatility over time.
- Can you use this strategy in investment wraps or personal super funds?
- Can automation help you implement this strategy into your preferred investments?
- Remember your why, why are you buying the investment?
- Don’t forget about dividends too.
- Finally, Luke shares his top tips around looking at the dollar cost averaging investment strategy.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help with dollar cost averaging and your investment plans?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, including investment, super and retirement. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other ‘Money Matters’ next week. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Luke’s book Smart Money Strategy is out now.