Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 1 September 2023. Spring has arrived and Christmas is really just around the corner. The topic this week for the show is: Super investment options – Is a balanced fund really balanced? In this podcast Luke explores the key issues.
Key topics covered include:
- What super fund members think balanced means
- What balanced actually means will depend on your fund – it’s a label
- What are growth assets?
- How many growth assets are found in some balanced funds?
- Obviously to a financial planner, a balanced approach is 50:50
- When comparing funds, it’s important you compare like for like so look at the asset allocations not the labels!
- Asset allocation is important because it determines the risk you’re taking
- Think of investment risk like driving a car? Basically, the speed you drive at is like the risk you’ll take
- So is investing in defensive assets without risk?
- Finally, Luke shares his top tips around looking at super fund investment options.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help to review your superannuation and investments?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, including investment, super and retirement. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other ‘Money Matters’ next week. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Luke’s book Smart Money Strategy is out now.