Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in Money Matters, which aired on Friday 25 August 2023. The topic this week for the show is: What does risk really mean and how do we manage it? It’s an important topic as it affects everyone’s financial plan. In this podcast Luke explores the key issues.
Key topics covered include:
- It’s important to separate the investment vehicle from the risk
- Assets like shares carry some uncertainty
- People have different attitudes about risk
- What you invest in determines risk, how fast will you drive your investment vehicle?
- There’s also an exposure in being too conservative, you might not keep up with inflation
- How do you assess it in your super and assess the investment options of your the fund?
- There’s strength in diversification to help defend against investment risk
- Should your age determine how you view it? Luke says No.
- Finally, Luke shares his top tips around managing risk
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify – ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need help to manage the risk within your own financial plan?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals, including investment, super and retirement. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can use the contact us form to make an appointment, for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to 2CC to talk about other ‘Money Matters’ next week. You can also catch up with ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’ podcast at a time that suits you.
We look forward to your company again and Luke’s book Smart Money Strategy is out now.