What is a family trust? Why would you use one?
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 22 April 2022. This week Luke joins the show from Adelaide, where he’s been attending a specialist SMSF conference. Leon’s still on Easter break but will be back next week. This week’s topic: The Family Trust. It’s a special kind of structure and worth a closer look if you don’t know about it.
Key topics covered include:
- What is a family trust?
- Why would you use one?
- Do earnings need to be distributed each year from a trust?
- Who can get the income from a trust?
- Are family trusts only for the very rich?
- When should you consider a family trust – before you make an investment?
- What should you consider before setting up a family trust?
- Why planning is important?
- Things a trust cannot do!
- Luke share’s his key take-outs for considering trusts and as always seek advice.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need financial planning advice around a family trust?
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, and retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.