Investment structures: Investing is not just about what assets you buy.
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 29 April 2022. This week Leon returns from holidays after enjoying the Easter break in Queensland. This week’s topic: Where can you hold your assets? What investment structures might you consider?
Key topics covered include:
- What are they ways you can buy an asset?
- What’s the difference between owning something jointly and as in tenants in common?
- Use this approach – What is my strategy (or goal), what is my structure, then what is my actual investment?
- Some structures have advantages over others, and it’s good to think long-term
- Have the structure set up before you buy the investment
- A question from a listener: How much can I put into super?
- Who is going to control the structure you use if you don’t buy it in your own name?
- Luke share’s his key take-outs for considering structures and as always seek advice.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need financial planning advice around investment structures?
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, and retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.