Are you a different age as your spouse? This retirement planning strategy might be for you.
Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 6 May 2022. This week’s topic: The Super Splitting strategy – What is it? How can it help you retire at the same time as your spouse or pay off your home loan sooner?
Key topics covered include:
- How can you share your super with your spouse – what is the super splitting legislation?
- How much can you put into super?
- What amount of your super can you split?
- Would you like to retire the same age as the older spouse?
- Remember – Super splitting needs to happen every year – it’s not set and forget.
- Do all super funds offer super splitting?
- How do you go about the process of splitting super?
- Apart from retiring sooner – what other reasons are there to split it – e.g. paying off the mortgage sooner
- Luke share’s his key take-outs for considering this strategy and as always seek advice.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need financial planning advice around super splitting?
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcast. We look forward to your company again.
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, and retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.