What should we teach our kids about money?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 4 October 2019.
Kids and money – that’s the topic of the podcast this week with our own Financial Planner, Luke Smith. What will you teach your kids about money? In the podcast this week, Luke takes a deep dive to provide practical tips and tricks for parents and perhaps even grandparents to teach their kids to be more money smart. Unfortunately school doesn’t really prepare kids, teenagers and young adults to deal with money. It’s an area where parents really need to take the lead to set up their kids for longer-term financial independence and success.
Key highlights include:
- Why good behaviour is important at any age
- How you can support and reward good behaviour with incentives
- The benefits of accumulation and a savings plan
- Charge your adult working kids board – Are you preparing them for longer-term independence?
- Why small additional contributions to super in their mid-20’s make a benefit to the long-term
- Why parents might think about paying income protection insurance for their adults kids
- An offer to trail our knowledge centre which is full of information and videos at no cost. Checkout our online calculators too.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Do you need help with your financial planning?
If would like to talk about setting some personal financial planning strategies for your own or perhaps your adult kids financial life, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.