Market volatility – How can you manage it?
Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM.
The Money Show aired on Friday 11 October 2019.
Donald Trump tweets and the US share market moves. It then has a knock on effect to Australia the next day. In the podcast this week, Luke takes a deep dive to provide practical tips and tricks for understanding and managing market volatility in regard to your investments. Unfortunately we can’t tell Mr Trump to put down his phone, but we can take some practical steps to control the things we can control. Assessing your reaction to market volatility and building your financial plan around those concerns is key to what a financial planner does.
Key highlights include:
- Outside forces you can’t control cause market volatility – just like Trump tweeting
- Key questions: What’s your investment timeframe? Why do you have the investments that you have?
- Diversification still matters as does your asset allocation
- Why income streams matter in times of market volatility
- A financial planner will assess your risk profile – how fast will you drive your investment portfolio and what risk is there?
- The common mistakes people make during market volatility and how you might avoid them with some better thinking.
- An offer to trail our Envision Financial Knowledge centre which is full of information and videos at no cost
Listen to the Podcast right now:
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Do you need help with your investment planning?
If would like to talk about setting some financial planning strategies for your own investments and future, make an appointment to meet Luke at Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your financial situation and financial goals.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC Talking Canberra next Friday from 4.30pm. Tune into listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.