Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 2 December 2022. This week’s topic for discussion is one that is important to consider once you’ve retired. How can you maximise your pension from your super? It’s an important step in your retirement to make sure you’ve got money to fund your life after work.
Key topics covered include:
- The benefits of making a non-concessional contribution to super before you retire
- The benefits of making a concessional contribution to super before you retire
- Where might these contributions come from?
- Pensions are tax free – so it’s a great vehicle to save and retirement
- Self employed people can also benefit from making contributions
- The downsizer contribution also allows you to put money into super
- What are the things you should keep in mind when starting a pension?
- Consider the estate planning issues for non-dependent adult children – how can you maximise your tax free components
- Whose name your going to put a pension into, considering the transfer balance cap limits
- Consider the tests too, ensuring you are eligible to make super contributions
- Luke shares his insights into maximising your pension. Seek advice if you need help.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need financial advice to help you make the most of your retirement options?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, insurance and/or retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcasts on our website too.
We look forward to your company again and sharing more news about the book that’s coming in 2023!