Financial Planner Luke Smith joined 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM in The Money Show which aired on Friday 25 November 2022. This week’s topic for discussion is one that we’ll all need to consider at some point – How do you turn super into a pension? But they start the show by talking about the new company director number that company directors need to apply to the ATO by 30 November to avoid penalties.
Key topics covered include:
- Many people don’t think about turning their super into an income until they retire
- It is a fairly straight forward process, but where do you start?
- Do you know your Commonwealth Preservation Age?
- Have you met a condition of release?
- Pension payments are very flexible – choose payments date that suit you
- Request and complete the paperwork from your superfund to start a Pension.
- How does tax work with a pension account compared to super account?
- Do you have to give up work full time before you can start a pension?
- What is a transition to retirement pension compared to a normal pension?
- How much do you have to take from your pension each year?
- Luke shares his insights into turning super into a pension. Seek advice if you need help.
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need financial advice to help with own retirement planning?
Luke as a Financial Planner can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your personal financial goals. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss investment, super, insurance and/or retirement planning. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday. You can also catch up with The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money podcasts on our website too.
We look forward to your company again and sharing more news about the book that’s coming in 2023!