What should you do to help your kids financially?
Luke Smith joins 2CC Talking Canberra 1206AM. The Money Show aired on Friday 27 November 2020 and the topic: Money and your kids.
Financial Planner Luke Smith takes a a look at the topic of how parents help their kids. Of course every family is different, but all parents have the ability to help their kids set good habits and financial values. In this episode, Luke talks to Leon about how starting good behaviours early, can help set a path for a good financial life.
Key highlights include:
- Why education about the value of money is important
- What’s the benefit of saving and having kids engaged in the process?
- How should pocket money work and why should earning it matter?
- Should you set up a savings account or invest for a kid?
- Should you charge your kids rent if they’re living at home and working?
- How can parents to lend money for their kids to help them buy a home, and why should it be formalised?
- Use technology where you can, it’s engaging to kids who never are without their phones.
- Lukes key points about educating your kids about money.
- A free appointment offer to talk about your own financial planning issues. Everyone has different goals and financial planning advice can help you achieve them more effectively, especially when you link different strategies.
Listen to the Podcast right now
Also available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify ‘The Strategy Stacker – Luke Talks Money’
Do you need advice about your own financial life?
Luke Smith at Envision Financial can help you set up a financial planning strategy to help you achieve your investment and retirement goals. We’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve returned to the office for appointments given Covid-19.
Envision 2CC offer: Your first appointment is at our cost. Make an appointment to confidentially discuss your own investment, super or retirement goals. Call Envision Financial Services on 6260 4749. You can also use our contact us form to make an appointment for a confidential discussion about your situation.
Luke will return to talk about financial planning on 2CC next Friday from 4.30pm. Listen live or visit our website again to catch up on the podcast. You can also check out our YouTube Channel at Envision Financial Canberra.